verb 范例EN[vɝb] [vɜːb] [-ɜː(ɹ)b]
- 例句 verb
- The "goes" in "he goes" is a finite form of a verb
- "Crackle" is an English frequentative verb derived from "crack".
- The verb “rain” is impersonal in sentences like “It’s raining.”
- an intensive verb or preposition
- The word "drink" is a transitive verb in "they drink wine", but an intransitive one in "they drink often."
- a neuter verb
- In the phrases ‘I am running tomorrow’ and ‘I am running now,’ the main verb is in the non-past tense.
- The subject of a passive verb is usually a patient.
- a preteritive verb
- a primitive verb
- 例句 verbs
- The subjects of the intransitive verbs "fall" and "burn" are experiencers.
- The verbs in sentences like "School starts next month.", "I'm meeting him at 6:00 tomorrow.", and "I thought the party was next week." are futurate uses.
- Many languages, including English, use auxiliary verbs in constructing the passive voice.
- The children were made to construct sentences consisting of nouns and verbs from the list on the chalkboard.
- I always stumble over verbs in Spanish.
- In English, the third person consists of pronouns such as he, she, it, and they, verbs such as is and has, and most nouns.
- Though the ungrammaticality of split verbs is an urban legend, it found its way into The Texas Law Review Manual on Style, which is the arbiter of usage for many law review journals.
- The database distributed verbs into transitive and intransitive segments.
- This book on English grammar encompasses all irregular verbs.
- Nouns pluralize in English, but verbs do not.
Examples of verb in a Sentence